May 17, 2014

About my accident on Saturday



On Saturday last week I was hit by a taxi when I was on my bicycle.
After a whole day of riding on a motorcycle from Shinagawa to the Sodegaura Raceway and then through the Aqualine all the way to Kichijoji..... it was a perfect day for riding and all was well.

After getting home and then just cruising to the store on a bicycle...
A taxi rammed me from the side and I ended up breaking two-three ribs and I have a sprained neck, bruises and scratches.

If you consider the speed that the taxi hit me, I would say it's a miracle I only have a few broken bones. I really wonder why taxis drive so fast on such narrow streets of a neighborhood and ignore stop signs, don't signal..... Etc...

When I'm riding a motorbike, I'm covered in armor, leather and sliders... But on the bicycle the only protection I had was a cap, jeans and a t-shirt.

After some quick inspection of my spine and lots of X-rays and CTs... luckily I had no serious damage.

Well I guess what I consider "serious" is actually permanent damage...
I only have injuries that heal.





I learnt many things again from this accident.

(Besides stopping and looking both ways before going into intersections, even in a quiet neighborhood with almost no traffic)




First of all, my friends family are so caring and supportive... I know I need to take better care of myself.

Even my new colleagues that I have just gotten to know are so caring and loving. I am grateful for being able to meet so many cool people that think and care about others the way they do.

I'm positive they really are out to make the world a better place.

If you just found out about my accident through this post.. We'll most likely I didn't tell you because I didn't want to worry you too much. That's one of the things I hope to improve over the course of this year.... Not making people too worried about my pace of life and work.




On the other hand..... I confirmed that my current boss for the a lot of the work I do does not care so much about his employee's health or well being.. Or their feelings. It was clear that I need to find someone to work with that would value someone's loyalty or commitment... Or someone who values and respects other people. I don't care to work for someone who has no love or passion to care about people. I believe that love, trust, passion and caring is the foundation of all good business.





Next, I think this was another warning from the universe that time is limited.
Our resources are limited. We can only do a few things at a time and sometimes we need to slow down or focus I what is most important to us.

I have a lot of rehabilitation ahead of me, especially for my neck but I will consider this as a chance to also reorganize my priorities so I can really contribute to the world.

Anyway I can't ride or cycle let alone walk for long distances but I'm still feeling rather good.



No comments: