May 31, 2009

long time no blog

It's been ages since I've written my last blog.
I've been twittering but not really getting in touch with my fans or my friends in
any other way.  It was yesterday that I saw a good friend for dinner, and I haven't done
that for a real long time.

Things are going well. Or should I say as well as they could be considering that the
release date for the Lo-Fi album has been delayed by over two months.

So what's been delaying the release?? 


I dunno. I think because I'm a perfectionist.
Or maybe because I didn't have a band until the beginning of this year.
For those who've been able to attend the recent Lo-Fi gigs, they're well aware that the band
structure has drastically changed. Right now the official line up for the Lo-Fi band is
me (5/Goh Hirose), Yosh (Ogoshi Yoshifumi), Nori (Yoshikawa Noriko).
I've picked up the bass as my main instrument along with the guitar and vocals.

Quengo was a good solid bassist for Lo-Fi for over a year, but the direction the band was
heading didn't really seem to click. It was a hard call but I decided to play the bass myself.
So now we're heading in a new direction and a lot of the songs that were incomplete for
the recording stage are now finished and in production.

It's surprising but when I write my songs I start with the drums and the bass.
Almost all my songs are written on a certain rhythm and then mixed with a bass line,
and then I add a melody or theme. So I guess it's kinda natural that I'm playing the bass
for Lo-Fi. I'm sure we'll still have guest musicians to add another dimension to our
live performances still.

We're going to include somewhere around 10 songs in the new album, but we've still got
around 15 songs in pre-production stages so we need to figure out which ones make the draft.
I wish all of them could make it. Well in someway or another I'm sure you'll hear all the songs
that we've written. They may become JAM themes in our gigs or they might be used for 
a jingle somewhere... I don't know.

Lo-Fi has one gig coming up in June. On the 17th in Aoyama at  a place called 
TSUKIMIRU. 
http://www.moonromantic.com/   (note:  a small ad is gonna pop up when you click the URL...)
We're planning to have some VJing and it should be a good chance to see / hear the new Lo-Fi vibe.

Since we did pretty well with our old album a while ago, I feel that I've got to do better than that old recording, and that's been bugging me for a while. However now that I listen back to our new material, I have no idea what I was worried about.
Our new album is unique and the sound quality is high. I guess it was worth the wait.

Tonite I'm on my way to a SHIBUYA ACOUSTIC EVENT meeting.
It's a "No-Drug" campaign that we are taking part in. Since it's ACOUSTIC we're gonna
whip out the acoustic repertoire for Lo-Fi. When I have details I'll update all of you on it.

I've just given up on doing all my blogs in Japanese. It just takes too long!!!

No comments: